Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mortal Instruments City of Bones the movie


            I went and saw the movie, City of Bones Mortal Instruments in the movie theater about a week ago. Though this is a book I have not read it, but I might read it in the future depending on whether the book summary seems as interesting as the movie did to me. The person I had went with to the movie had actually read the books in the series by Cassandra Clare and said that the series was really good and he said that I should read the series.

            The first book in the series is called City of Bones, the second is City of Ashes, third is City of Glass, the fourth is City of Fallen Angles, and the fifth the City of Lost Souls, and a new book is to be released on May 27th, 2014 called City of Heavenly Fire. So though I haven’t read this series I do have a friend that says they are extremely well-written and are definitely worth reading because of the drama and action that happen within this series.

            So I’ll get back to the movie which I actually saw last week. I think out of five stars I would probably rate the movie a 3.5 only because I think it was kind of hard to follow at some points and they kind of just through everything right at you in the beginning without really explaining what happened and what was happening. I don’t know if that’s the style of the book where slowly things about her past are revealed or not, but I was a bit confused; other than that I liked the movie though. It had good parts in the movie that were interesting and intrigued me into watching, but other parts were just dull and it seemed like they trying too hard to get people to pay attention.

            My favorite part in the movie is probably the very ending; it had a lot of action and I liked when the demons were being called, I thought that was pretty interesting. I also liked (spoil alert) when Jace and Clary were like falling in love with each other and then at the very end of the movie Valentine (Clary’s father) says that her and Jace are brother and sister. I just thought it was pretty funny when there like what were siblings? Though I know they aren’t actually siblings because the person I went to the movies with kind of ruined it for me…

            I think this movie was entertaining; also I didn’t have to pay for it which makes it all the better, so the movie was definitely worth seeing and I got a nice laugh from the movie because they were all acting very dramatic over every situation.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the movie, but I really wanted too, after reading the review, it made me want to see it more. It gave me kind of an overview of what I will be seeing when it comes out on dvd.

    ReplyDelete