Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Skinjacker Trilogy

            The Skinjacker Trilogy by Neal Shusterman has to be one of the best trilogies ever. Now if you’ve read my other blog posts then it kind of sounds like I always love the books I read, which is kind of true because I have a good eye for reading books that are actually well-written and have a good story behind them. Now one of my all-time favorite trilogies is the Skinjacker Triology by Neal Shusterman the first book is called Everlsot, the second Everwild, and the last book is called Everfound.
            Why people should definitely read this trilogy? Well, first this isn’t a girl book it’s not about romance really, I mean there is a bit of romance in it, but not enough to have it even count as a romantic book. I would consider this book like a fantasy and supernatural trilogy because it’s about how these kids end up dying and since there so young sometimes they lose the path to the light, so they get stuck in a place called Everlost where they are all lost.
            Now this trilogy might get a bit confusing for some people because I’ve noticed Neal Shusterman has a really vivid imagination and can create such good images that it’s actually like you’re watching a show instead of reading a book. It’s actually really hard to say why this is my favorite trilogy and try to explain it to people; I just love it because it’s something different and weird. The character’s in the book range from little kids to teenagers, but mostly kids of about fourteen. Neal Shusterman does a great job of being able to sound like a little kid thinking they know everything and being all know it all’s.
            I won’t ruin what happens in the books because if I say one thing it ruins the whole trilogy really, but I’ll keep it simple basically it’s called the Skinjacker Trilogy because there are certain people in Everlost that can skinjack, go into the body of a living being, and one of the main characters can skinjack. There are certain people in the book that think that people are meant to stay in Everlost and other people that think they have some other place to go; the whole trilogy is about fighting between the two groups.

            Neal Shusterman does a really good job in this trilogy; how he ever came up with such random things that happen in the book is still a mystery to me, but I say he did an amazing job with this trilogy and will be one of my favorite trilogies for quite some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment