Thursday, October 10, 2013

Simone Elkeles


            One of my favorite authors is Simone Elkeles. I’ve read a total of five of her books and absolutely loved all of them. The first book I read by her is Perfect Chemistry; it’s about a Latino guy named Alex Fuentes who by a bet gets close to this Caucasian girl named Brittany Ellis. Basically, I just loved this book so much because it shows how people from different ‘worlds’ can still make it work and be together. Yes, this is a major romantic book.

            The second book I read by Simone Elkeles was the second book to the Perfect Chemistry series called Rules of Attraction. Though I thought that the first book in the series was definitely the best; this book was still pretty good. The only reason the first book is better is because I felt like Rules of Attraction was basically like the first book, but differed a bit. It’s still a cute story and worth reading if you read the first book in the series.

            The next book I read was from a different series and was called Leaving Paradise. When I first starting reading this I thought it was some super natural book because it says paradise right in the title. I don’t really read summaries before reading something I just kind of pick up a book and start reading it, and since I liked the author I guessed that I would like this book as well. So once I started reading I realized that Paradise was actually the name of the city that they lived in. Basically this book is about a girl named Maggie Armstrong who got hit by Caleb Becker, the character Maggie ended up with a disability with her leg and Caleb had to go to jail for hitting her.

            So I actually ended up reading Leaving Paradise and then Return to Paradise the same night because I wanted to know what happened. So obviously since I read both of the books on the same night they were extremely good. It’s not just that Simone Elkeles is a good writer, but she has fantastic romantic stories.

            Now the last book I read was Chain Reaction which was part of the Perfect Chemistry series because I had to know what happened to Luis too. This book did differed from the first and second books a bit, and I also thought this book was a little bit more humorous than the other two books.

            Overall, I really like Simone Elkeles books because I think these books are really well written. I also like them because in the case of the Perfect Chemistry the books are cute stories and in the case of Leaving Paradise, I just thought that it was a story about reconnecting with people you used to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment