Sunday, October 6, 2013

Insidious 2

            So everyone has been talking about the movie Insidious 2 and I finally went and saw the movie last night. I’ve heard a lot of different reviews differing from whether people liked it or completely hated it. This was the second movie, the first being Insidious; which you literally had to see the first movie to understand the second movie, it’s not like the Saw movies where you can skip around and still know what’s going on.
            I went and saw it with a few friends where we kind of laughed the whole movie. Maybe it’s just me, but when I saw this movie it made me laugh a lot, I don’t know whether it was because they purposely put humor into a scary movie or if it was because it just seemed, fake. Well, anyway I didn’t really think it was scary whatsoever I thought it was more of a comedy, but other people would probably disagree with me.
            The movie, Insidious 2 is definitely supposed to be a scary movie, but really I don’t find old men in a wedding dress all that frightening, more like a bit disturbing, but that’s just me. Now I didn’t really like this movie at all, but then again I’m very critical on scary movies, so no director of horror movies should be offended by my commenting on it badly. So what made me think so badly of the second movie of Insidious? Well, they tried putting like four different plots into the movie; I mean I can’t be the only one that was extremely confused by all the different stories going on in the movie because some of the people I went with were confused by it as well.
            Basically though, people need to make sure they see the first Insidious movie because the second movie really ties into the first movie a lot. I had actually seen the first movie and thought it wasn’t terrible…But didn’t enjoy that one all that well either. I will say though that the second was way better than the first Insidious movie because they added comedy into the movie which I really enjoyed.

            My favorite part in the movie was when the two guys that work with supernatural things were like the code word should be unicorn and the other guy said that it should be like tortilla or something. I just really enjoyed when those two characters made jokes. My least favorite part in the movie is when the little boy, Parker, was made to dress up as a girl to please his mum, I just thought that was just really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment