Saturday, September 28, 2013

Children Books

            The first chapter book I ever read was the Boxcar Children by: Gertrude Chandler Warner. I think that for a child this is a pretty good learning book to go off of. I barely remember what the story is about now, but I remember how proud I was when I finished my first ever chapter book.
The author originally had 19 Boxcar Children books in the series, but others continued to write more of these books, so now the stories are up to 135 books in total. All of these books are mysteries and tell of some unknown that the children have to figure out. Not only were there these books that I read when I was little, but other books and stories I like too.
            Because of Winn-Dixie is another classic book that children should read and that I loved when I was in elementary school, I read it because who doesn’t love a story about a dog? I actually did a project all about this book by Kate DiCamillo and think that it’s an inspiring story that children would really enjoy. I think overall I read Because of Winn-Dixie six times because I loved books about animals and I think that a lot of other children like to read about animals too, so even though this book is from when I was in elementary school I think it’s a really cute book that kid’s love.
            Not only is this a book, it’s also a movie! I admit to watching this movie several times...Even though the movie came out in 2005, I still like to watch it to remind me of what movies and books I used to like. Part of the reason that I love the movie so much I like the actress Anna Sophia Robb who is in other movies I enjoy like Bridge to Terabithia, Jumper, Soul Surfer, Race to Witch Mountain, and the Way Way Back; so overall I like a lot of the movies she’s in besides Because of Winn-Dixie. Anna Sophia Robb is also in a show I started to watch the Carrie Diaries, so of course I love her all the more.

            Overall Anna Sophia Robb is a great actress, which is why children should watch the movie Because of Winn-Dixie and read the book because it’s a fun story. Also the Boxcar Children are interesting mystery books that get kids hooked into reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment