Thursday, October 31, 2013

Vampire Academy series


            A series I read a while ago was called Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Yes, this is a series about vampires, I used to be into the supernatural series like many other teenagers my age. This series has six books in it (I don’t count the other books that aren’t really essential to the series of the Vampire Academy, including the guides and the spin off series called Bloodlines.) The first book is called Vampire Academy, the second Frostbite, third is Shadow Kiss, the fourth is called Blood Promise, the fifth Spirit Bound, and the last book is called Last Sacrifice.

            I really enjoyed this series when I read it, I don’t know if it’s because I loved supernatural books or it was just a really good story, but I remembered I loved the series. I read the first four books and thought they were extremely well-written and I liked the characters and the whole romance going on between the characters. I had to wait a bit to read the next books in the series because they weren’t out yet, but finally all the rest of the books in the series came out and I read them; I was a little disappointed. I don’t know if it was because I had finally got over the supernatural books or just the fact that as the series continued it became more and more farfetched and strange. Overall with the series as a whole I thought it was pretty good, but kind of seemed like it was repetitive of other supernatural books I had read before.

            My favorite book out of the series is probably Frostbite, I feel like in that book you get to know the characters more and it’s just an interesting story; I’m not saying the first book was bad, I liked the first book, but just enjoyed the second and third book over the first. The characters in the series as a whole focus mostly on Lissa Dragomir who is a moroi which just means vampire and Rose Hathaway who is a dhampir which just means half-vampire and half-human. The other main characters in the story are Adrian Ivashkov a guy that is in love with Rose, Christian Ozera who Lissa loves, and finally Dimitri Belikov who is Lissa’s guardian and who Rose loves. The series focuses mostly upon the story of Rose and Lissa and their love lives basically.

            I liked the series, it’s probably not one of my favorite series and not everyone would like it. I recommend the series to people if they tend to like supernatural and romantic books, but if they don’t like either of those themes then they would absolutely hate the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment