Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sarah Dessen

            So another author that I really enjoy reading books by is Sarah Dessen. Now Sarah Dessen writes books about romantic stories, but other topics as well like the story of teenage life. I think that her books are very inspiring and in some of them kind of sad. All of her books I’ve read and I love all of them; one thing I love about Sarah Dessen is she changes up the endings she doesn’t always make the endings the same in each of her books that she writes.
                        What Happened to Goodbye, Along for the Ride, Lock and Key, Just Listen, the Truth About Forever, This Lullaby, Dreamland, Keeping the Moon, Someone Like You, and That Summer are all books that Sarah Dessen has wrote. I’ve read every single one so far and look forward to her next book that is called the Moon and More that is coming out in June.
            Now I read these books awhile ago, I literally read one book right after the other because I was lucky enough to be introduced to her books when she already had nine books out. I read all of the books except What Happened to Goodbye in about a week, reading at least one of her books every night. I had to wait awhile for What Happened to Goodbye and went out and bought it at Barnes and Noble and like her other books I thought it was good.
            My favorite book out of all Sarah Dessen’s books has to be the Truth About Forever. I don’t know why this is my favorite book, but it is. I love the characters; I think that Wes is just too adorable. It really is hard to choice a favorite Sarah Dessen books because they are seriously all good in their own way. I will say that the book Dreamland is extremely sad especially if you know a person that was in an abusive relationship; the book touches people’s more emotional side and makes them think. It’s a really good book, but is really sad and a warning from me to people who might read it they might end up crying by the end.

            Sarah Dessen has romantic books and teenage stories. She is one of my favorite authors when it comes to romantic/teenage problems. Most of her books have to do with how it’s still possible to love someone even when you’re having problems in your life and how love can happen when you least expect it. Sarah Dessen’s books are worth reading if you’re a teenage girl who feels like you have problems in life. 

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I have been trying to read all her books lately because she is a really great author like you have said. I can relate a lot to the things she writes about. My favorite book by her would have to be Just Listen, although I love them all. Just Listen really spoke out to me because it was about the awkward girl, which when I was reading it in middle school, I was pretty awkward so it really connected to me. It made me feel better inside and it let me know that just because I feel different doesn't mean nobody will like them and like that about me.

    ReplyDelete