Sunday, October 6, 2013

Book vs. Movie

            Books vs. Movies, so some people enjoy movies more than books; other enjoy book’s more than movies it just depends on the person. So why does this differ for people? Well, this first differs from person to person because not everyone likes the same things because everyone is different. I for one love both books and movies! But we all know at least someone who doesn’t like to read; at least I know a lot of people that hate reading.
            Now I could talk on and on as to why I love books so much, but I’ll try to keep it to a minimum. Okay, so first books have a ton of detail in them, it’s literally impossible to have that much detail in a movie or those movies would be extremely long. For instance take the Harry Potter books for example out of the seven books each book increases in number of pages for the most part, then look at the length of the movies. The first book is the Sorcerer’s Stone which has 223 pages and the movie is about two to two and a half hours long, and then as the pages in the series starts to increase the lengths of the movies relatively stay the same.
            So that’s one of the reasons to love books because they have more details. Another reason is that people can create their own story. I love reading so much because I create my own story and what the characters and everything look like, and it does all make believe. So basically while reading you create your own movie. So that’s why reading is amazing and why other people should read.

            I also understand why people prefer movies over books. I sometimes am too tired and just want to not think for a bit and movies are the perfect solution to that. Reading requires thinking and connecting everything together while with movies you can just listen or watch the screen depending on your mood and still understand what’s going on. One of my favorite things before I go to sleep is to watch a movie or an episode of one of my favorite shows before I go to bed because I won’t be wondering what happens next. All the time when I read before I go to bed I stay up thinking what’s going to happen next, so that’s why I agree with people that under certain circumstances reading is better than movies and that movies are better than reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment