Sunday, December 8, 2013

Youngster Books

            So because I love children books and I’m looking at my book shelf right now to figure out a good book to right about I’m just going to talk about some of the books that are shorter chapter books and more of late elementary school/middle school books.
            The first book I’m looking at is called Shiloh, this book’s author is Phyllis Reynolds Naylor and is one of the cutest stories about a boy and his love for a dog that he calls Shiloh. I believe when I was in 4th grade my teacher actually read this book allowed to us, it really is a cute story. It focuses on Marty who finds a young beagle in the hills which he then names Shiloh even though the dog belongs to Judd Travers who is a bad guy. Honestly, this is a little kid book completely, but I enjoyed it when I was little and recommend it to children who are just starting to read.
            Now some other good books that I read when I was a kid was a series called Dear Dumb Diary by Jamie Kelly. These books are highly entertaining and I thought was hilarious it kind of reminded me of the Junie B. Jones books that had her writing in a diary as well. Anyway basically the girl writing in the diary just goes over her days events. I don’t know why, but series like that just tend to capture the attention of young readers, like my little brother absolutely loves the Diary of A Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney. I think just reading other people’s problems as a young kid just captures the attention of kids, because they like to relate to it. Anyway, for kids definitely the books that have to deal with writing in a diary or journal normally capture the attention of youngsters and I agree they were really cute as a kid.
            Another series that I loved as a kid and I think that younger kids will love as well are the Cam Jansen books. These are mystery books where Cam Jansen tries to figure out the mystery behind different things like who stole the diamond from the diamond store, these stories are just really cute and totally fiction, but are interesting and make you think (for a kid anyway.) Cam Jansen just has to say click to remember a certain image and can recall it, having photographic memory.

            These are just some of the little kid books that I just don’t want to get rid of because I loved them too much as ay youngster and think that any little kid will love these books as much as I do, so if parents are trying to figure out what to get their kid, I think books like these are a great gift, besides reading keeps the mind fresh and ruins your eyesight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment