Thursday, December 5, 2013

Catching Fire


            Catching Fire was an interesting movie. I liked the movie and actually thought that the second movie was even better than the book had been; which is rather odd because usually I enjoy the books more than the movies, but in this case it’s different.

            Catching Fire is the second book in the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins and in my opinion is a rather slow book and doesn’t get interesting until the very end of the book. The series is definitely a must read to both young adults and adults as well as to males and females.

            The movie I went and saw over break about a week and a half after the movie came out in theaters. I think that my favorite part in the movie was when Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) takes her bow and arrow and shoots the arrow into the sky at the force field that was keeping all the contestants of the hunger games inside the arena. I liked this part because the electricity from the thunder getting transmitted through the cord to the arrow was cool and the part in the movie as itself was rather intriguing.

            Contrasting the movie to the book; I thought that the book went into a lot of details that were just rather boring (they are important though), but they were just rather boring in my opinion. That’s why I like the movie so much because it cut out a lot of the boring details at the beginning of the book and in the movie had more of the story line directed towards the actual game itself and not focused so much on the prior events in the book.

            The Hunger Games Catching Fire movie actually exceeded my expectations on how the movie was going to turn out. It’s really cool in movies now and days because of the quality of the movie itself and in Catching Fire all the details are very defined and just make the movie all that much better.

            If I were to suggest a movie that is from 2013 (so far) I would definitely suggest seeing Catching Fire because I think that it is the movie of the year. But like any series or trilogy you have to see the prior movie before seeing the second movie or it won’t make too much sense. But back to the point; Catching Fire has a lot of action and a cute/tragic love story which appeals to the males and females.

            I overall liked Catching Fire and can see it again and again and still think it is as great as the first time I saw it. The movie is definitely worth seeing, and the trilogy is worth reading because it is a very interesting, unique, and well-written trilogy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment