Sunday, December 22, 2013

If I Stay

            One of my all time favorite books is called If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I actually started reading the book because the cover of it looked somewhat interesting it was all blue and with a tree on it.
            The book is actually extremely depressing. It’s about how this girl named Mia was in an accident and can’t remember what happened during the accident only everything before it, with her family and Adam (her boyfriend.) I admit the very end of this book I was crying because the author does an outstanding job of making you feel the emotions of the characters. I just really liked this book and was kind of confused by the ending, I thought maybe she had died or something, then I realized there was a second book called Where She Went that was in Adam’s perspective.
            Apparently, there is going to be a movie that is based upon the book that is coming out in 2014; which I can’t wait to watch, but till then I’ll just have to stick with the books. Anyway, the second book like I said is in Adam’s perspective and it’s telling of his ‘rock star’ life and how he comes into contact with Mia 3 years later after the accident.
            I honestly don’t know what else to say about this book it was really good and I think that all teenager girls would love this two books, they are adorable and are things that can happen in real life situations (okay, not the out of body experience), but it tells of the love of family and friends; which in turn proves to be a great story.
            I preferred the first book to the second; most people I’ve spoken to that have read these two books liked the second one better, but I preferred the first because it seemed more realistic to me. The second book it was more of a complete fantasy, it didn’t seem that realistic to me compared to the first book. But I recommend reading both of the books because they both are really good and were two of the most meaningful books I’ve read that stand out to me.

I honestly don’t remember anything meaningful about the way it was written or the vocabulary of it; just that it’s a fantastic book series and that girls in high school and college should definitely read it. I think that the books change your way of seeing friends and family in my opinion and even the way you see your own life, anyway its great books and should be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment