Saturday, December 14, 2013

Rise of the Fellowship

            So last night after hours of homework I decided it was time for a break and began to try to find a movie that interests me. After looking through about twenty-five movies I came across the movie Rise of the Fellowship. Now me being a huge Lord of the Rings fan I decided to check it out and clicked on it. After reading the summary I realized it did have to do with Lord of the Rings, but was about gaming. I was interested in it and began to watch it.
            Now I can’t stress this enough, this is the dorkiest movie I have ever seen in my life. They literally took all aspects of being a nerd and a geek and put it right into this movie. So I only recommend this movie to people who like nerdy movies and will not at all make fun of the fact of gaming as a huge thing going on for nerds, because that is what the movie is all about. I honestly after about an hour into the movie I asked myself why I was watching this, but I had to finish it to see if they had a happy ending for the four nerdy characters; which they in fact did.
            This movie was actually pretty entertaining because no offense to the actors or director, but it was just such a stupid movie. I honestly have no other way to put it, but in defense of the movie any movie about gamers I would probably not enjoy at all, because gaming is of no interest to me. I think that people going to a convention for gamers is a complete waste of time, but I suppose some people are really into gaming and want to meet other people who are just like them. I thought it was hilarious how they tried to put Lord of the Rings aspects into the movie by having the flash drive (usb drive) on a necklace around the main characters neck like they did with Frodo in Lord of the Rings with the ring.
            I thought the sound effects in this movie were kind of humiliating, I mean the whole movie they are basically doing a knock off version of Lord of the Rings and trying to make the quest to get to the gaming convention; putting all the different parts of Lord of the Rings into the movie was kind of strange. I don’t know if they did that to make it seem like a quest like Lord of the Rings, were making fun of it, or were just trying to get more people to watch it.

            This was one of the weirdest movies I have ever seen. Maybe it would be good to some people (including gamers and Lord of the Rings fanatics), but the movie just didn’t go with me, and I didn’t like it. You don’t have to take my word for it, go watch it, but if you haven’t seen the Lord of the Rings movies I’d make sure to do that first because then the whole movie won’t make sense of them trying to take different scenes from the three movies and put into this movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment