Sunday, December 8, 2013

Ender's Game

            So a movie that has been out in theaters for awhile now I recently saw, just as it was about to not be in theaters anymore. I went and saw Ender’s Game. The movie is a total science fiction movie and has to do with what if aliens tried to take over the world and what not. I thought it was a really cool movie, but then again I absolutely love science fiction movies because I feel like there’s an actual point to them in contrast to romantic movies where its point is to make you feel bad that you can’t have a gooey love story like that.
            Ender’s Game is indeed a science fiction movie and is intriguing. The story revolves around the character Ender Wiggins who is highly intelligent and compassionate. I think the actor did a great job at playing the character; he acted like how I would think the character would act like. The actor is Asa Butterfield and has also been in other movies like Hugo and the Boy in the Stripped Pajamas as well as the television show called Merlin (which had been annoying me the whole movie where I recognized the actor from.)
            My favorite part in Ender’s Game was the very end of the movie, (spoiling the end of the movie) where Ender had just played the last simulation and then figured out after he had beat the simulation that it wasn’t actually a simulation, but he had indeed destroyed all the aliens. I liked this part because I totally saw it coming, I don’t know about other people, but I guessed that because they wouldn’t dedicate that amount of time and have the simulation be so intense and then go into another battle. So I thought that because they were spending so much time just on the last simulation before the big battle that the simulation was the big battle. .
            Ender’s Game like most movies is based upon a series, which I just looked up and am highly confused as to which series it is based upon because there are apparently thirteen novels. But anyway if the movie about alien invasion interests you there is a series by Orson Scott Card; I liked the movie, but I really don’t have any interest in reading the books, but I’ve heard they are really good, so if the movie interests you or it sounds interesting there is also a series.

            Overall, I loved the movie, but hated the end of the movie, I thought they had such a great movie going on and then they ruin it by having to have a happy ending for the aliens. Other than that though the movie was amazing and was definitely a great science fiction, adventurous, and action movie to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment