Saturday, December 14, 2013

Lord of the Rings

            My last blog post (if anyone actually reads my blog posts), made me realize I should do a blog post about Lord of the Rings! I have never read the books and many people are like your totally missing out, but I just haven’t gotten around to actually reading the books, like with all the other books I say I’m going to read and I just never do. But anyway to talk about the movies, these are probably the most epic movies, and though the first one came out in 2001 these had to be some of the best movies that came out around that time. I remember first watching these movies when they came out, when I was only four; I even then thought these movies were intriguing and awesome. Who doesn’t love a good adventure/fantasy trilogy?
            Now where do I start…These movies are amazing, why? Because they just are, I shouldn’t have to explain myself, but I will. First off the actors did a brilliant job of playing their characters, I say an applause for Elijah Woods who plays Frodo Baggins (the carrier of the ring), Sean Astin who plays Sam, Ian McKellen who plays the great Gandalf, and all the actors in these movies they just do a great movie. If not for the actors this movie wouldn’t have been as good, they just did a marvelous job.
            Now obviously we have to give credit to the great author of the whole trilogy which was J. R. R. Tolkien. The books are separated into three books, but have two books in each book. The first one is called The Fellowship of the Ring, the second called The Two Towers, and lastly The Return of the King.
            Personally, out of all the movies I liked The Return of the King the best, maybe because they had the huge battle at the end of the movie where the three characters of Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen), Legolas (Orlando Bloom),  and Gimli (John Rhys-Davies) were counting how many of the enemy they were killing. Best part of the movie is where Gimli says to Legolas after he takes down a whole elephant, “that only still only counts as one!” I could not stop laughing. Another part I’m not sure in which movie it’s either the first or the second, but Gimli says to Aragorn, “Aragorn, let’s go find some food.” Ahhh I love these movies.

            I think that everyone should see these movies, it has a bit of romance to it, a lot of fighting and war, and some humor (like some of the quotes from the movie that I said above.) These are definitely some movies to see, most people already have because they have been out for so long, but if you haven’t seen them yet, I definitely suggest that you do, these are on my top movies list. And even though they were made back in 2001, 2002, and 2003 they are still amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment