Sunday, January 12, 2014

Why I don't like romantic movies

             Why romance movies are the worst movies and ever. Now I’m going to be a complete pessimist in this article, just a forewarning. So the reason I don’t like romantic movies anymore is because they are so predictable. When is there actually a romantic movie where the girl or the guy ends up dying in the end? (Romeo and Juliet anyone?)
Besides that, there really isn’t any movie where a depressing ending happens. I think I can maybe think of a few movies where the movie is considered a romantic movie, but has a sad movie like the Titanic and Romeo and Juliet, but honestly those are the only two I can think of. Why must society always make happy endings? The reality is that happy ending don’t always happen. All society is doing by making a happy ending is brainwashing little girls minds that maybe someday the will find a prince charming and it will be all love at first sight.
But life isn’t like a movie or even a book. Now I give credit to some books because I’ve noticed that some books actually have a more realistic ending compared to the movies. So why do producers change the ending of the book to make it a different ending? Well, simply because no one likes a sad ending except for me apparently.
            Romance movies are just so predictable, that’s my main reason for not really liking them anymore. So maybe other people can deal with the same endings over and over again, but I’ve gotten to the point where I just can’t really make myself watch any romantic movies anymore. I’ll take the action movies over romance any day now.
            About the only reason I usually watch romantic movies now is because of the actor or actress in the movie, which usually if the person is attractive makes you want to watch the movie even more. So yeah, those are my reasons for not really caring for romantic movies anymore.

            I think that the directors should have more realistic endings and not make little girls believe in something that might not happen to them. So in this sense I don’t like romantic movies. But if I have to pick my favorite romantic movie it will probably be something that was based upon a novel by Nicholas Sparks because the ending to his books seem more realistic and I think they are some of the most adorable and cute movies and books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment