Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fallen series

            So in the past month I decided to re-read a series I read in like 7th grade and it was like one of my favorite series and I thought it was so spectacular. This series was called Fallen by Lauren Kate. The series has four books in it.
            The first book is called just Fallen and I was amazed by this love story, I guess I was in the phase in middle where I just absolutely loved the whole tragic love story. Now I finally decided to reread the series because I haven’t read the fourth book and I forget exactly what happened in each book, so I re-read the books. And I came to the realization that Fallen isn’t really all that great. I mean yeah, there’s an interesting story I suppose, but there isn’t anything really special about it in regards to the way it is written or vocabulary or anything. It honestly seems like any other love story going on in my opinion.
            Now the second book is called Torment and it gets a bit more interesting; where it kind of seems to steer off a bit from the whole romance going on. But it is still an eh book overall. The last part of the book is extremely interesting, if anything I find this book very humorous. Now the third book, Passion, I actually enjoyed over the first and the second more because it’s like a history lesson almost. Obviously, the author Lauren Kate had to research a bit to get the time periods right and what the settings would look like, so I congratulate her on that. I liked this book over the other two just because a lot more was happening and I just found it easier to stay with it. I especially liked how she wrote a chapter from Luce’s perspective and then went to Daniel’s.
            Now I can’t say anything about the fourth one, I haven’t even read it once because after I was done reading Passion I thought the story had gotten really screwed up and I just refused to read the next book in the series. But as I’m writing this blog post, I am going to start the book called Rapture probably within the next two weeks.
            Overall, this series is probably for middle schoolers, the level that it’s written at and the story in general just seems like it would appeal more to younger readers, yes even younger than high schoolers. But to any middle schoolers that are girls you probably will like this series if you like tragic romance stories. To the high schoolers, you could try it, but it might annoy you as the way it’s written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment