Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Sword of Truth series

            One of my favorite book series is called the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Okay, I’m over exaggerating a bit because I haven’t actually read the full series yet, I am on book number five out of fifteen of the books. The series is quite confusing actually; in regards to how the order of the series even goes.
            The first book I read was called Wizard’s First Rule and I believe it is the first book in the series together, but written later are some prequels to the first book. The first book is really good, the reason I started reading this series was because first off my older brother and sister highly recommended it to me, and since my sister owes basically all the books, it was quite easy to get a hold of the books. The first book is definitely the best book out of the four that I’ve read so far, but usually the first books are the best. Terry Goodkind uses amazing vocabulary like I seriously had my phone next to me while reading so I could understand some of the words used, so if you’re looking for a rather difficult book this is a good start. Another thing that makes this book really awesome is because while being a rather difficult book; it’s also a really amazing story.
            The series is complete fiction, it’s about a wizard, a confessor, and just about everything fantasy-like put into one book series. Now this series would seem like it’s more of a guy’s series because of all the fighting, war, and strategy that takes place, but there’s also some romance going on in the book between the two main characters Kahlan and Richard (but there love is forbidden), but it’s a rather interesting series.
            The second book is called Stone of Tears, I found this book to be as good as the first. This is also the longest book in the whole series I think there is over 1,000 pages; a lot of events take place and a lot happens in this book. Now the third book is called Blood of the Fold, basically this book is completely about war and fighting the whole entire book. I didn’t think it was too bad, most I got to reading it I couldn’t stop reading.
Now the fourth book in the series is called Temple of the Winds and it takes more pages to get entirely intrigued in the book to the point where you can’t stop reading in my opinion. Lastly, on to the book I’m currently reading; I’m told by my sister and brother that this book is rather boring and being on about page 200, I have to agree. Compared to the other books this one less happens in it, and it goes off of characters not familiar in the series, these are the parts where I keep stopping and have to force myself to read through, but according to my siblings it becomes rather important later.
            My blogging is focused upon movies and books, but I just want to mention that there is a show called Legend of the Seeker that aired on television a while ago that is based upon this series. Based is the key word here, because I have watched all the episodes in the show (44 episodes, in two seasons) and it might have the same outline and character names, but completely different events happen; which might infuriate readers of the Sword of Truth series.
            Overall, this is my opinion on the series so far. It seriously is the best series ever, and is rather difficult which makes it all that much more fun to read (especially if you need a difficult book to read for school.) So read the first 200 pages of Wizard’s First Rule and you might be surprised that the book is extremely addicting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment