Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Inheritance Cycle

So I don’t know how many people have read the book called Eragon? Well, anyway I tried reading the book when I was in third grade, didn’t turn out too well, I could barely get past the first chapter without asking my older brother what a word meant. The series called the Inheritance Cycle has four books to it. The first book is called Eragon, the second called Eldest, the third called Brisinger, and the fourth called Inheritance.
Well, back to my story of my experience with the books…I tried reading it failed at it, so I watched the movie instead. Now about back in 8th grade I decided I was going to try to read the series again, so I borrowed the book from my brother and then I couldn’t put Eragon down, it was such an incredible book. It seriously was so well-written even better than the books by Terry Goodkind. Only thing bad is each page took awhile to read and even then there was a completely different language in the books that you had to go to the back of the book to find out what some elfish word or dwarf word meant. But I quickly read the book and let me say it is absolutely nothing like the movie that came out when I was in like 2nd grade, it has a different story line, Brom was completely different in the movie than I would have imagined him. Overall, the movie had a lot of criticism and only the first books, Eragon, was released as a movie. I thought the first book was amazing that Christopher Paolini has such an imagination; he is definitely a guy that was meant to write books.
Now the second book it took me longer to read. Each page took me like two minutes to read, that’s why it took me so long, I’m usually a fast reader, but damn that book had so many dwarf and elf words and a huge span of vocabulary that I just stopped reading it then finally came back to it when I wanted to avoid doing Ap Biology homework. I did like the book, it’s not like it’s a bad book or anything, it just takes time to read and I just didn’t see it as worth it to spend that much time on a book, but I did eventually finish it and thought it was just as brilliant as the first book.
The third book, I don’t even remember if I started it at all. All I know is I borrowed it from my older brother and have had it on my book shelf for over a year thinking I’ll read it eventually, but it’s about 800 pages and I’m not that big of a reader anymore. But I’ve heard great things about this third book and the fourth book as well.
So if you want a hard read and you like fantasy books this is a series to read. Because I know some people can actually finish the series unlike me; maybe I’ll get to it someday, but I definitely can at least recommend that the first book and second book are brilliant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment