Sunday, September 22, 2013

What Makes Up a Good Movie?

                What makes up a good movie? Okay, to get started this is even harder to say then what makes up a good book because people differ so much with movies. There are people who either enjoy horror, comedy, romantic, drama, sci fi, thriller, action and so many other genres of movies.  But what does make up a ‘good’ movie would be great to find out.
                Now I don’t think I’m the only one that is came up with this dilemma: I’m searching for a movie to watch because it’s a Saturday night and I just feel like watching a movie, but I don’t know what to watch! I scroll through all the movies on Netflix and read all the descriptions and watch all these trailers and I have no idea what to watch. When I finally pick a movie and watch it all the way through it ends up sucking, so how can I know what will be a good movie or a sucky movie?
                What’s really important to do when trying to find a good movie to watch is to first search in the genre that you want to watch; just picking that excludes millions of movies just for picking a genre. Next thing to do is find a description of the movie and find one that interests you.  After you decide you like a certain movie and are just about to watch it don’t, instead look up reviews of the movie and the ratings of it because most likely if someone absolutely hated the movie then you might not enjoy it either, though that’s not always the case, people relate to other people in some ways and if a movie sucks it sucks to most people.
                So what is considered this good movie? I think that overall it’s all based upon opinion as to what kind of person is watching. But what makes up a good movie is a good story that is easy to follow, spectacular images, and astonishing actors and actresses in the movie. Normally another thing that makes up a good movie is having the movie following the book, most movies are based upon books and people enjoy the movie more if it actually follows the book. I mean who would like the Harry Potter movies if it didn’t follow the books? My guess is probably not a lot of people, so it’s important in a movie to follow the book, so when trying to find a good movie try to find one that follow s the book well. And overall in my opinion the best movies are based upon books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment