Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Best Romantic Movie Ever


The best movie ever in my opinion is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. This is my favorite movie because I love the actor in the movie, Matthew McConaughey, he is funny and charming in the movie and really fits the character Ben Barry very well. The character Benjamin Barry is in advertisement. The other main role in this movie is actress, Kate Hudson who plays the role of Annie Anderson ‘how to girl’ for Composure magazine, as they quote her in the movie.

 Basically, this movie is all about how Benjamin Barry tries to get a girl to fall in love with him in 10 days to win a bet; while Annie Anderson tries to lose a guy in 10 days doing everything possible to annoy him to write an article for the magazine. That’s what the whole movie is about overall, that’s why it’s my favorite movie. I recommend this movie to any girls who are looking for a romantic/funny movie.

My favorite part in the movie is at the very end of the movie when Annie and Benjamin are at the advertisement party which the theme is “frost yourself” which becomes the slogan of the DeLour Company in the movie. The party the ladies are able to wear any jewelry that they want, but just have to return it at the end. I enjoy this part of the movie because this is when Annie finds out that Ben was just using her as a bet to get further in his business; and Ben finds out that Annie used him for an article of how to lose a guy, and that she had a journal where she wrote about everything that had happened between them. The next part in the movie after they figure out what happened just makes me laugh all the time because they start singing You’re So Vain to each other.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days came out in theaters in 2003 and was based upon a short cartoon book by Michele Alexander and Jeannie Long. The director of this movie is Donald Petrie, and I’m very thankful that he directed this movie. I’ve seen this movie over 50 times and about quote the whole movie some of my favorite quotes in the movie are:

 “Look, just give me back the necklace, then you guys can go on and kill each other.” The Delauer security guard said to Annie and Ben as they were yelling at each other in the movie.

“You can't lose something you never had.” That is probably my most favorite quote in the movie because I feel like a ton of people can relate to it. A lot of people get into relationship and get all emotional even though they really didn’t have the person in the first place.

Overall, I love the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and think that it’s a great movie for ladies to make their husband, fiancé, or boyfriend’s to watch with them. Though, like I said at the beginning it’s a romantic movie, but it has an extensive amount of humor that all people will enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment