Sunday, September 22, 2013

What Makes Up a Good Book?

                What makes a good book? I've read many books with all different genres and vocabulary, so many people ask what makes up a good book. I believe that it’s all based upon opinion as to whether the book is ‘good’ or not.  Most people though enjoy books that they can relate to, somehow or someway.
                Most people also enjoy reading fantasy books because they wish for that to be true. Romantic books are one of the main books that people read to feel good about life. Basically, people read romantic books to get the adrenaline rush of the feeling of two people coming together and trying to make it all work out. I for one used to love romantic books to get the feeling that feeling, though I haven’t read many romantic books as of lately I do think that what makes up a good romantic novel is dreams, love, happiness, forgiveness, understanding, and compassion for one another.
                So back to what I was saying before in paragraph 1, what does make up a good book? In my opinion a good book is a story that has a well-established plot, characters we can relate to, incredible vocabulary, and a story that interest us. I’ve read a couple of books that I think we’re just so bad that I don’t know why  I continued to read; maybe hoping it would get better, well I figured out that normally if the first 100 pages suck of a book then usually the rest of the book will suck as well.
                Why do I think that relation to the readers is what makes up a good book? I think that when people have someone they can relate to they enjoy the book more because they are thinking of themselves as the character. I especially love reading a book where there is a situation that I feel I have confronted before because I feel like I’m not some weird person for having had that situation happen to me.  
                To counter what I just said in the former paragraph, people also love the complete opposite of relation with the story. Sometimes we don’t want to be ourselves for a time, which is why some people read, so they can escape reality. Us as people enjoy reading about other people’s struggles and mistakes so we feel better about our mishaps in life.

                So overall I guess there isn't really such thing as a ‘good’ book it’s all a matter of perspective and opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment