Sunday, May 11, 2014

Textbook Reading Importance

            Reading the textbook in the appropriate class is important in the development of who you become. A lot of people in classes disregard reading the textbook because they think it’s boring or they feel like they don’t have the time, but there is really a lot you can learn from it. In your spare time I’m not saying to read a textbook, but if you are a student usually you have a class that has a required textbook to read and honestly who tries to read any of it? Like teachers give reading assignments, but it’s always one thing that leads to another and then the student ends up not reading the textbook at all.
            From my reading experience of reading from a textbook it can be quite boring and you might not be that interested in the topic. Some textbooks are actually kind of fun to read like the Ap Psychology textbook, but others like the Ap World History textbook are just impossible to read; why it that? Well, first off the Ap Psychology textbook is shorter because it has less words per page and less chapters while the Ap World History textbook is longer and has more chapters. But the main part is that Ap Psychology in my opinion is more fun to learn about than any history class. I say this because I really have never cared for history that much and I feel like it won’t really help me whatsoever in life. But Ap Psychology, now that I can apply to people around me and myself, and just figure out why people act the way they do. Also I swear the Ap World textbook’s goal was to put you to sleep because even in my Ap Us textbook it wasn’t as boring as the Ap World one. Now that it probably because some textbooks put too much detail into it and it just makes you confused and then you just end up falling asleep while reading it.

            But the main point is that you can learn a lot from a textbook. I wish I could go back and actually read my Ap Biology textbook, but I didn’t and I just ended up getting a 3 on the ap exam which I might now have to retake the class in college anyway just because I didn’t take the class all that seriously. So even though it seems like a waste of time, just read your textbooks because it will help you with your grades and maybe even later when or if you decide to go to college. Plus, just having that knowledge in your brain will make you appear to be smarter since you can just spew out random facts. So really just read your textbooks even though they are extremely boring sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment