Sunday, May 4, 2014

Blogging

            Blogging is one of the most pointless things to do. Every week we have to blog three blog posts and have it at 400 words each and have it relate to a specific topic. This is different from the way the Ap Lang class operated a couple of years ago; it used to operate where they didn’t have to put it on the internet and they could talk about whatever they wanted. I think that at least if we are made to blog we should be able to talk about different themes than what we chose at the beginning of the year.
            So I honestly don’t care for blogging all that much, but every week I blog because I know that it’s a part of my grade and honestly for typing only about 1,200 words a week it sounds like a good deal for me to get an A in terms of blogging. Blogging is worth about 20% of our grade, so if we don’t blog at all the highest grade we would get for the term would be 80% (yeah, I’m a magician at math). So of course no one really wants to blog (if you do, you need to get out because you’re irrelevant in my discussion about blogging). But I feel like each week I’m wasting my time blogging about pointless blog posts that I know for a fact no one cares about, not even me. Now I think if it was something education it might be worth my while, and I know there is the choice of doing that, but if I have the choice to blog about something fun or educational…Trust me I’m going to be blogging about fun type subjects.
            I think that if we were allowed to blog about any topic and not have to try to relate it back to our subject that I would have so much more fun blogging, but instead I see it as a chore for school. Though we can change our blog post topic if we ask, I for one just like to talk about whatever comes to my mind and not have to try to relate it to a topic. I think that Movies and Books is a pretty fun topic compared to what some people blog about, but it gets very repetitive and then I just run out of ideas of what to blog about. I chose this topic (Books and Movies) because over the years I have read many books and watched plenty of movies that I thought I can just pick any and write a blog post about it, but it’s not that easy…I have to try to come up with a way to get to 400 words with every post I do.

            So why do I think blogging is pointless? Because I already practice my writing skills in all my classes when they require us to write essays, but I think that essay writing is pretty boring because usually it’s voiceless (no tone) while as on here I just kind of type like how I speak. So really is requiring us to do blog posts all the time really helping us? I know it helps us ‘practice’ writing, but other than that it is rather pointless for me to do. Besides who really cares about movie and book reviews? 

No comments:

Post a Comment