Sunday, May 18, 2014

Princesses

            There are many Disney movies that involve princesses. I for one enjoy a lot of these Disney movies because they are completely fictional and I just love a good story about princesses when I was younger.
            One thing though that really irritated me was that the princess movies would higher the expectations of the child by being all perfect looking. I think that by higher the expectation of the children that it would make them set up for being depressed that they can’t achieve those expectations. Another thing that is kind of a bummer about Princess Disney movies is that you can’t be a princess, so as much as you dress up as a princess over Halloween the child will just never be able to be a princess. Plus, it kind of just makes the child think that there is a prince charming and it will happen like that; which usually doesn’t quite happen like that…
            My favorite ‘princess’ movie is Beauty and the Beast because the movie actually has a point to it. First off it shows that what is on the outside shouldn’t matter it’s what’s on the inside that counts. Then Belle is really smart while the other Disney Princesses are blander and stuck up in my opinion. But I just have always liked Beauty and the Beast; I also think that the talking candlestick and clock are hilarious, so they just add some spice and humor to the movie. Plus, this is just the best movie since she really isn’t a legit princess.
            I think overall that princess movies can be really educational for the child, but there are some drawbacks to it. Like if there is absolutely no moral to the story, only that the female ends up getting the guy in the end of the movie, I mean that’s a pretty pathetic moral because it will just make the little girls think that it happens like that always. So if you are bored and haven’t checked out some of the Disney princess movies I really recommend them (some of them). Like I think the Little Mermaid counts as one, and I liked that one whereas I didn’t care that much for Sleeping Beauty.

            Of course there are other movies that aren’t made by Disney that are princess related like the Princess Diaries which I love that book series and the movie series too. I suggest those as well. But overall princess movies can be great to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment