Sunday, May 11, 2014

To Kill A Mockingbird

            A book read in school my sophomore year of high school was a book called To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. There is also a movie to this book that we watched in class as well. So this book is actually a pretty good book to read for a language arts class because there’s like the whole lessons going on within the book.
            My reading experience for this book was that it was actually pretty interesting since it was a school book and I don’t usually care for books read in school. One thing I did not enjoy about this book was all the characters within the book. My teacher made quizzes over characters and events that happened and sometimes I would forget the character’s name because I’ve read so many books that one just blurs in with another over time, but ask me to describe the character or anything like that and usually I do pretty good…It’s just really hard to keep track of all these different names in books. So anyway besides that fact it had a lot of life lessons in the book about discrimination and what not. I think that it also told a lot about lying and being a good person. There were some rather good quotes in the book like one of them was about how you never know what it’s like to be that person until you’ve stepped or been in their shoes. I think that there is a lot of truth to that because sometimes people try to act like they know exactly what you’re going through, but really they have absolutely no idea. There were some other important life lessons in the book as well that I just can’t completely remember that are on the top of my head…Oh, one could be to just to not discriminate. I mean the whole book revolves around discriminating of African Americans and then even of Boo Radley.

            The character Boo Radley is probably one of the most interesting characters in the book just because no one really knows anything about him and it just leaves everything to be really mysterious. But the book was pretty good. Now in regards to the movie I thought that the book was of course better than the movie, but I enjoyed the movie. The movie portrayed the characters as a bit differently than I imagined in my head, but I think that overall there wasn’t too many difference between the book and the movie; which is what I like (unless the book was just awful). But for reading in school I think this book is great to read because you learn a lot of lessons from it and it’s just an overall fun book to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment