Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Secret Circle

One good series to read is a book called the Secret Circle, there contains two books in the series basically because in each of those books there are two books inside the one book, so a total of four books. The first is called the Initiation, the second is called the Captive Part I, the third is called the Captive Part II, and the last book is called the Power. Now all of these are by L.J. Smith there are also three other books after these four called the Divide, the Hunt, and the Tempatation all by Aubrey Clark; which till further notice I’m saying they are irrelevant. I have not read them, but I believe that L.J. Smith should have been able to finish the series how she wanted to, or if she didn’t want to finish the series then she didn’t have to.
            So aside from my dislike to the series continuing with the new writer (which I can’t judge her books whatsoever only based on reviews I saw on the internet and my friends opinions on the books); this is what I heard, you can tell it’s a different writer and it just ruins the whole story and just has a complete different plot than what it usually would, so I’m not exactly telling you to not read the other books not made by L.J. Smith, but it’s most likely if you loved the first two books written by L.J. Smith you won’t like the change in writers. To be honest I thought after the book ended that it would be the end to the series because it seemed like that could be a good end to it, and I heard about how L.J. Smith was going to write a story about a journey in the undersea where the next book written goes on to some unknown enemy trying to attack them and how Cassie has to protect the whole circle; which to me almost sounds kind of clichéish (my opinion.)
            So why should you read the first and second book? Well, I kind of got off track with my ranting, but L.J. Smith is a really creative writer her stories are usually pretty interesting and I have enjoyed all the books I’ve read by HER. The reason I liked this series is because it kind of had to deal with romance, witches, and just dramatic situations. I think that girls that like paranormal books will love this series. Cassie is an interesting character too as well as the twins; the twins are so humorous in the series.
            Another reason to read this series is because there was a show based upon the series and it’s always interesting to watch a show that is based upon a book after reading it, even if it’s highly irritating about how much different it is, but you just have to remember that it’s BASED upon, it’s not identical copies. So I think you should read the first two books in the series, I really enjoyed them and have read them both four times each, and still enjoy the books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment