Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fallen Rapture

             Rapture is the final book in the Fallen series by Lauren Kate; also the fourth book in the series to the story of Lucinda and Daniel. I think that the whole book was entirely a cliché; not to be rude to Lauren Kate, but the book was just extremely cheesy and made me groan when I read certain parts in the book.
            The book starts off with Lucifer wanting to rewrite time; which I thought wasn’t too bad of concept for the series until it said they needed to find three different artifacts that will help them realize where the place of the fall took place; I mean come on that doesn’t even make sense to me, I know it explains it, but I just couldn’t really accept that part of the story.
            Now on to another part of the story leaving out all the going after the artifacts and everything, once they actually got to the place of the fall they made Lucinda realize her earliest memories and oh my gosh she ends up being an angel, an angel that is third in the line, even higher than Daniel. Once I got to this part I was tempted to stop reading just because the whole book series came down to how now Lucinda was an angel as well; which I kind of guessed what would happen all along, but still. Anyway, back to the part in the book she then realizes Daniel wasn’t her first love, but Lucifer was. And basically Daniel ended up being a rebound guy of some sorts. This part of the book I thought was even more cliché than the part of Lucinda being an angel.
            So the last part of the book is where the Throne (God) comes down and asks Lucinda and Daniel which side they choose light or dark. Which I thought was interesting that Lauren Kate had made God a woman; I would have thought she would have kept God sexless. So then the biggest cliché of the book comes next when Daniel and Lucinda both choose love instead of dark or light.
            I’m sorry to say, but the book really isn’t really worth reading because you basically can put every cliché into this book. I mean it was a good ending to the story because Daniel and Lucinda were both reborn as humans, but it was still kind of those endings where you just wanted everyone to be happy so you make that happen. I was actually left with one question in the story, what happened with Lucinda’s old parents? I was just curious about that part.
            Overall, I will say the book is for people who love cheesy and romantic books; which I kind of ruined everything in the book…But I think if I would have finished this series all in middle school I would have absolutely adored the series, so maybe some people will enjoy it more than I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment